Experience the El Camino Real Paddling Trail! Our most popular kayak and canoe trip and one of the best things to do in Bastrop!
LONG PADDLE TRAIL
- Solo Kayaks
- BYO 1-Person Watercrafts
- BYO 2-Person Watercrafts
Wilbarger Long Paddle Trail
A FULL-DAY kayak and canoe trip! NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Must be conditioned for a full day of paddling with basic skills necessary to avoid obstacles. Additional fees may be applied if you require assistance while out on the river trail.
- Overhanging trees in current
- Logs protruding from the bank
- Boulders and rock formations in the stream
Most of the trip is calm and easy to navigate. Depending on river conditions hazards may vary. In low water conditions hazards may be more difficult to avoid. Talk to one of our outfitters if uncertain about your skill level.
14-Mile Kayak or Canoe Trip in Bastrop, TX
A great full day of kayaking or canoeing! We shuttle you up to the starting point and you float back to us. Must have a reservation for this trip (no walk-ins) and please arrive early for brief orientation. Trip starts daily at 9 a.m.
Starting Point: Utley Bridge on FM 969
Ending Point: Bastrop River Co / Fisherman’s Park
- 14 river miles
- Approx. five to eight hours on the water
- Shuttle service included
- Numerous places to stop along the way to swim, picnic, or just chill
- Watercraft (single kayak or canoe – tandem kayaks not available for this trip)
- PFD (life vest)
- Shuttle service
- Dry box for your phone (one per group)
- Minimum age 10 years old (unless otherwise agreed by BRC)